Role of the Club Welfare Officer
My name is Marion Needham and I am the Club Welfare Officer , the requirements of this role are clearly defined by the FA as follows:
- Ensure everyone in the club knows who the Club Welfare Officer is and how to make contact.
- Refer any club child protection or poor practice to the Cheshire County FA Welfare Officer.
- Seek advice from the NSPCC Helpline if the Cheshire FA County Welfare Officer is unavailable or in circumstances of child protection urgency.
- Seek advice from local Children’s Services or the police in an emergency.
- Encourage the club to discuss and implement the FA’s Safeguarding Children Policy and Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Encourage the club to utilize the FA’s Safeguarding Children guidelines on recruiting volunteers and always requesting and following up references.
- Encourage the club to discuss and implement he FA’s Safeguarding Children guidelines on the use of images and organizing travel, trips and tournaments.
- Implement and enforce Criminal Record Checks via the FA CRB for the following:
- Welfare officers
- First aiders
- Any volunteer who has regular contact with either children or vulnerable adults
For additional information please see the Chester FC Safeguarding Policy here