Chester FC are looking to recruit a General Manager to drive forward our off the pitch ambitions.
The successful applicant will focus on developing commercial partnerships throughout the area and maximising revenue streams from the club’s assets and facilities.
Responsible To: Chester FC Board
Hours: Full Time with weekend working
Location: Deva Stadium
Salary: £28,000 with Bonus scheme
Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to help the clubs board meet its off the field targets to enable the club to field the best possible team on the pitch.
If you are looking to pursue a career in football and the sports industry then this is the perfect role for you.
The role of the General Manager is to lead all operations associated with the off the field day-to-day running of Chester Football Club.
- Under the direction of the Board and its Chairperson, lead and manage the operational aspect of Chester Football Club.
- Work with the Board to develop commercial relationships with new and existing sponsors to generate income for the Club – targets to be agreed.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from volunteers and stakeholders
- Actively promote the ongoing development of Chester Football Club and, through th e Club’s Media and PR Officer, ensure dissemination of key messages to the wider community about the Club’s plans and ambitions.
- Manage and market the booking of the clubs unique facilities
- Maximise non matchday revenue through utilising the stadium as a venue for events such as conferences, car park hire etc.
- Work with others to market Chester FC to the wider city and area to increase attendances on matchdays.
- Report to the board monthly on key outcomes and developments.
Qualifications, Experience and key skills required
- Sales experience within the sports sector would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Committed and with a can do attitude
- Degree or recognized sports business qualification preferable but not essential
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-motivated with a passion to succeed whilst at the same time the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative mindset to be able to think creatively
- Leadership experience is preferable
- This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and the successful applicant must have access to a clean driver’s license and a vehicle.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a covering letter describing your ability to fulfil the role.