Chester FC wishes to update our supporters regarding the National League resolutions received on Monday evening.
The Board has begun a detailed review of the resolutions and the potential implications of the possible outcomes for our club.
We recognise the urgency of the situation and intend to respond as quickly as possible, but not before full consideration has been given. We have written to the National League asking for clarification on several points to assist us in reaching the best decision for our club.
We do not believe it reasonable to expect clubs to continue playing matches and incurring additional costs until the outcome is known. Given the importance of the resolutions, we feel the suspension of fixtures in the North and South divisions should be extended for a further week to allow clubs to focus fully on the matter at hand.
We will continue to keep our members and supporters updated.