The Blues remain unbeaten in the league this year, but will face their most stern test yet tomorrow when Darlington visit CH1.
Alun Armstrong’s side visit the 1885 Arena on a roll with seven wins out of their last eight league games – a run that started with a 2-0 reverse over the Blues at the start of last month.
But Chester are yet to concede a league goal in 2020, and have lost just twice at home this season. They’ve bolstered their ranks today with a huge signing – winger John Johnston has joined the club for an undisclosed fee from Altrincham.
The Blues won in this fixture last season, and it was a memorable debut for a certain Akwasi Asante. His ‘perfect’ hat-trick saw us defeat Darlo 3-1 at the 1885 Arena in December 2018. It promises to be a heavyweight bout between two promotion contenders tomorrow at 3pm!
OUR LAST MATCH
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 4th Won: 3 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1
vs Southport (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: George Waring, Akwasi Asante, Gary Roberts
vs Curzon Ashton (h) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
vs Southport (h) | Won 4-0 | Scorers: Simon Grand, Akwasi Asante (2), Anthony Dudley
vs Guiseley (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: James Jones
vs Leamington (a) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
Darlington | Position: 6th Won: 4 Drawn: 0 Lost: 1
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Won 2-0 | Scorers: Sean Reid, Justin Donawa
vs Spennymoor (a) | Lost 1-3 | Scorer: Justin Donawa
vs Gloucester City (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Sean Reid, Adam Campbell (pen)
vs Alfreton (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Adam Campbell (2), Justin Donawa
vs Guiseley (a) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Adam Campbell (pen), Will Hatfield
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist has been selected by Kev Roberts!
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Kev Roberts
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
What’s New in Version 2.0?
Introducing the new MatchDayInfo App, the home of E-Programmes. Find, follow and interact with Chester FC on the MatchDayInfo App. Giving you the ability to keep up-to-date on ticketing, fixtures, news and match day Programmes. The new dashboard interface allows you to swipe between your selected teams and browse the available match day content. Implementing a simple In-App purchase and read design, making it easier for the fan to download, read and archive their Match Day Programme.
So whether you want to simply pick and choose what Programmes you want to download, or choosing to subscribe to a season long subscription for Chester FC, MatchDayInfo is the complete package for sports fans to get their match day experience fix.
How to Sign Up?
- Download MatchDayInfo via the iOS App Store or Google Play Store
- Once downloaded, find and select Chester FC to add them to your Home page – you can follow multiple teams.
- Sign Up via Facebook, Twitter or Email – As we have a new and improved database, you may have to sign up again (even if registered to previous App) – If you are missing downloaded programmes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow notifications to be alerted when your teams release a match day programme.
- Welcome to MatchDayInfo! You are now at the Dashboard, this is where you’ll see the teams you’ve selected, scrolling down will enable you to see Social Media content, ticketing news, club shop information and upcoming fixtures.
- Purchase the programme via your Apple or Google account, via in-app purchases. Read your match day programme worldwide within seconds.
- Hope you Enjoy!
- Customise who you want to follow.
- Archive Match Day Programmes
- Social Media interaction
- Store content on the Cloud, free up space on phone.
- Browse upcoming fixtures
- Ticketing, Club Shop and Team News.
- Push-through notifications, don’t miss being alerted
- Available on iOS and Android Devices, including tablets.
- No 3rd Party advertising
- Free App Download
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the 1885 Arena. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
Our Club Shop will be open before the game tomorrow!
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…