Chester will start 2020 in fourth place, and begin the new decade at the 1885 Arena in a battle against sixth placed Southport.
It’s the second meeting between the two teams in the space of a week, with the Blues showing their promotion credentials with an outstanding performance at Haig Avenue in a 3-1 win on Boxing Day.
Such was the nature of the game – a real slugfest between two top seven rivals – it saw both sides defeated by bottom half teams 48 hours later. The Blues lost for the fourth and final time at home in 2019 to Curzon, while Southport suffered a heavy loss at Altrincham.
Danny Livesey and Brad Jackson missed the home defeat, but Blues bosses Bern and Jonno will be hoping to welcome both back for our maiden match of 2020.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm – come on you Blues!
LV BET PREVIEW
The National League’s official betting partner, LV BET take a look at the pick of the New Year’s Day fixtures in Matchday 24 in the National League North:
Chester v Southport
- Chester have won just one in four and are ten points adrift of leaders King’s Lynn.
- Southport have lost their last two, letting in six goals. They still hold a play-off place.
- Chester won the Boxing Day meeting 3-1 and the Seals have won six of their ten home games. Southport have taken six points from nine away from home.
- Only Brackley Town and leaders King’s Lynn have scored more goals than Chester this season.
Top Picks from LV BET
8/5 Over 3.5 goals in Boston United v King’s Lynn
3/7 Goals in both halves of York City v Bradford PA
13/1 Chester to be leading Southport at half-time but game ends level
19/10 Darlington to get a fifth win in a row by beating Spennymoor
New LVBet customers will get a £5 sportsbook welcome bet when they sign up. Claim the welcome offer here! (T&Cs apply)
LAST TIME WE MET
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 2 Drawn: 1 Lost: 2
vs Bradford PA (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Anthony Dudley, Akwasi Asante
vs Darlington (a) | Lost 0-2 | Scorers: None
vs AFC Telford (h) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
vs Southport (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: George Waring, Akwasi Asante, Gary Roberts
vs Curzon Ashton (h) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
Southport | Position: 6th Won: 3 Drawn: 0 Lost: 2
vs Kidderminster Harriers (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Devarn Green
vs Gloucester City (h) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Brad Bauress
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Won 4-1 | Scorers: Brad Bauress, David Morgan, Jack Sampson, Ryan Astles
vs Chester (h) | Lost 1-3 | Scorer: Ryan Astles
vs Altrincham (a) | Lost 0-3 | Scorers: None
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist is a mix of some 60’s tunes, in memory of Club Legend Gary Talbot.
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Danny Livesey
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the 1885 Arena. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
Our Club Shop will be open before the game tomorrow!
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…