After moving back up to third yesterday, the Blues will look to make it back-to-back league wins tomorrow at the 1885 Arena.
20th placed Curzon Ashton are the visitors – looking to keep a gap between themselves and the bottom two in Bradford PA and Blyth Spartans.
Mark Bradshaw’s side were defeated 1-0 at home to Altrincham yesterday, and have scored just 22 goals in 21 games this league season. However, they have already claimed the scalp of York City this term – the first side to do so all season – and have only conceded 32 goals. For a side third bottom, that’s a defence by comparison who have only let in three goals more than league leaders King’s Lynn Town.
Chester were frustrated to a goalless draw last time at home against AFC Telford – and Curzon of course are one of only three teams to win at the 1885 Arena this calendar year. In January, they won 1-0 down Bumpers Lane.
Just 24 hours ago, Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley’s side put in one of their most impressive performances of the season with a 3-1 victory at Southport. Despite falling behind against the run of play, George Waring, Akwasi Asante and Gary Roberts’ stunner got the Seals a vital away win.
It would be a great way to end 2019 if the Blues could notch victory number 11 of their league campaign – and keep pressure on the top two. Kick off is 3pm!
OUR LAST MATCH
Make sure you tune into Chester FC TV at 10pm for highlights from our Southport game yesterday!
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 3 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1
vs Alfreton Town (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey (2), Danny Elliott
vs Bradford PA (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Anthony Dudley, Akwasi Asante
vs Darlington (a) | Lost 0-2 | Scorers: None
vs AFC Telford (h) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
vs Southport (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: George Waring, Akwasi Asante, Gary Roberts
Curzon Ashton | Position: 20th Won: 2 Drawn: 1 Lost: 2
vs York City (h) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Connor Dimaio
vs Kettering Town (h) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
vs Hereford (h) | Won 2-0 | Scorers: Sean Miller, Charlie Jolley
vs Brackley Town (a) | Lost 0-3 | Scorers: None
vs Altrincham (h) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist was auctioned by the Fundraising team – and won by recently elected CFU Director Kieron Shiel! Here’s his picks…
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- A tribute to Gary Talbot
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the 1885 Arena. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
Our Club Shop will be open from 1.30pm tomorrow.
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…