After getting back to winning ways in the FA Trophy in midweek, the Blues will be looking to make it back-to-back victories at home to AFC Telford tomorrow afternoon.
The 2-1 victory at the 1885 Arena in midweek against Hednesford Town was much needed, as the Blues advanced to Round Two with a trip to Royston Town coming next month. It also provided a timely boost of £4500 into the club coffers.
They face an AFC Telford side who lost by five goals at home to Leamington in the Trophy on Tuesday night. However, Chester will be wary of a backlash as the Bucks look to produce a big response down Bumpers Lane.
This exact fixture was played one year ago, with the Blues beating Gavin Cowan’s men 2-1 in the final league game before Christmas 2018. Akwasi Asante and Anthony Dudley were on the scoresheet that day – and Joint Managers Bern and Jonno will be hoping for a similar return from the two tomorrow.
Our last league game was a defeat at Darlington, with lots of chances created but none being put away. The team will know they have to be clinical as a busy period of four festive fixtures over the next 12 days starts right here at 3pm tomorrow.
OUR LAST MATCH
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 2 Drawn: 1 Lost: 2
vs York City (h) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
vs Brackley Town (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Brad Jackson
vs Alfreton Town (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey (2), Danny Elliott
vs Bradford PA (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Anthony Dudley, Akwasi Asante
vs Darlington (a) | Lost 0-2 | Scorers: None
AFC Telford | Position: 17th Won: 1 Drawn: 1 Lost: 3
vs Boston United (h) | Lost 1-3 | Scorer: Adam Walker
vs Curzon Ashton (a) | Lost 1-2 | Scorer: Own Goal
vs Spennymoor Town (h) | Draw 2-2 | Scorers: Adam Walker, Billy Sass-Davies
vs Darlington (a) | Won 3-2 | Scorers: Marcus Dinanga (3)
vs Farsley Celtic (h) | Lost 0-2 | Scorers: None
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist has been selected by Anthony Johnson!
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Danny Elliott
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Unfortunately, due to updates, our programme is not available online via the MatchDayInfo app this weekend.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the 1885 Arena. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
Our Club Shop will be open from 1.30pm tomorrow – come in and grab a bargain or some last minute Christmas gifts!
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…