After a 21 day break from National League North action, the Blues will look at keep pace at the top of the league tomorrow as basement side Bradford PA visit.
The newly named 1885 Arena brought Chester FC’s last league game, easing to a convincing 3-0 victory over Alfreton Town. Defender Danny Livesey bagged a brace, and Danny Elliott struck late for the side.
In that period of time, the Blues have advanced in the Buildbase FA Trophy with a fantastic 1-0 victory away at Brackley Town – becoming the first team to win at St James Park this season.
Anthony Dudley struck the winner from the bench and – as well as Akwasi Asante – will be pushing to start tomorrow. Midfielder Gary Roberts has a one game ban after collecting his fifth yellow of the season in the victory earlier this month. However, the ranks have been further bolstered with more real quality as Elton Ngwatala joined the club this afternoon.
No game in this topsy turvy division will ever be easy, as the Blues host the side who sit bottom of the table on just nine points. They have reappointed Mark Bower as boss, who guided them to the Play-Offs last year. He is their third Manager of the campaign already; as BPA have leaked more than 50 league goals this term.
But with a fantastic away win in the FA Trophy coming last weekend at Gloucester City, they may have turned a corner. Kick off tomorrow is 3pm!
LAST TIME OUT IN THE LEAGUE
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 1 Drawn: 3 Lost: 1
vs King’s Lynn Town (a) | Draw 2-2 | Scorers: Simon Grand, Akwasi Asante
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Draw 2-2 | Scorers: Danny Elliott, Matty Hughes
vs York City (h) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
vs Brackley Town (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Brad Jackson
vs Alfreton Town (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey (2), Danny Elliott
Bradford PA | Position: 23rd Won: 0 Drawn: 0 Lost: 5
vs Gloucester City (a) | Lost 0-1 | Scorers: None
vs Southport (h) | Lost 0-3 | Scorers: None
vs Kettering Town (a) | Lost 0-4 | Scorers: None
vs King’s Lynn Town (h) | Lost 2-3 | Scorers: Lewis Knight, Oli Johnson
vs Leamington (h) | Lost 0-3 | Scorers: None
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist has been selected by Danny Elliott!
BLACK FRIDAY SHOP OFFERS
— Chester FC (@ChesterFC) November 29, 2019
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Anthony Dudley
- Look out for some new player and historical features
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 2pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the 1885 Arena. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…