After an early exit from the Emirates FA Cup this week, the Blues will be hoping their league momentum continues tomorrow afternoon.
A replay with Altrincham in 2QR after a 1-1 draw, the Blues were unfortunate to go down by just the one goal in the replay on Tuesday at a wet Moss Lane. James Jones’ early header proved to be the difference – but a controversial George Waring goal could have seen a different result. Nevertheless, they will be looking to keep the momentum running after just one defeat in 11 at the start of the league season.
Kevin Roberts was spotted doing some light running before Tuesday’s match, but tomorrow will probably be too soon for him. Jamie Morgan will serve the last game of his ban this weekend. But one positive was minutes for Joel Taylor off the bench, even though he was forced off with injury just a week ago.
The Blues face a Leamington side they took just one point off last season. The Brakes also faced a replay on Tuesday, but went to Extra Time at Chasetown before winning. In the league they have an ‘up and down’ last five – winning three games in a row before more recently having lost two on the bounce. Those losses were big defeats too, a 5-0 defeat at Altrincham and a 3-0 home loss to surprise package Farsley Celtic.
Paul Holleran’s side goal threat is likely to come from Josh March, who already has seven goals this term – having stepped into the goalscoring shoes of Colby Bishop; the striker that was sold to Accrington Stanley during the summer transfer window.
OUR LAST MEETING
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 2nd Won: 4 Drawn: 0 Lost: 1
vs Hereford (h) | Won 4-1 | Scorers: Akwasi Asante (2), Anthony Dudley, Danny Elliott
vs Spennymoor Town (a) | Lost 2-1 | Scorer: Akwasi Asante
vs Curzon Ashton (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Matty Hughes, Akwasi Asante, Kevin Roberts
vs Guiseley (h) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Akwasi Asante (2, 1 pen), Anthony Dudley
vs AFC Telford (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorer: Akwasi Asante (3)
Leamington | Position: 14th Won: 3 Drawn: 0 Lost: 2
vs Kettering Town (h) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Jack Edwards, Josh March (2)
vs AFC Telford (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Josh March, Ravi Shamsi (2)
vs Blyth Spartans (h) | Won 2-0 | Scorers: Josh March (2)
vs Altrincham (a) | Lost 5-0 | Scorers: None
vs Farsley Celtic (h) | Lost 0-3 | Scorers: None
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Russ Griffiths
- Recap of our last three matches
- A look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 2pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the Deva Stadium. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and although the scheme is not expected to be fully utilised until September, the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…