The Blues are back in action tomorrow afternoon – with another 3rd vs 4th National League North clash for the second Deva game running.
After sweeping previous challengers Hereford aside on Bank Holiday, attentions turn to high flying Guiseley. The Lions were relegated with the Blues back in 2018 – dropping into the National League North – and suffered somewhat mixed fortunes. Chester finished just three points shy of the play-offs with Guiseley ending in 19th, the spot above the relegation places.
Nevertheless, the Nethermoor side are reaping the rewards of showing patience in management duo Russ O’Neill and former Blues Manager Marcus Bignot – with the side looking up this term.
Chester bounced back from defeat at Spennymoor with a superb 3-1 win at Curzon Ashton on Monday. However, due to last Saturday’s controversial loss, they are without solid centre defender Danny Livesey to suspension. This could mean a start for Salford loanee James Jones, or Kevin Roberts filling in at centre back. There are a few options at the disposal of Joint Managers Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley.
But this reshaped defence will have to be very wary of the threat posed by National League North top scorer Aaron Martin. The 28-year-old already leads the scoring charts with ten goals in just nine games. He joined in May from Brighouse Town, where he notched 30 goals and 11 assists in 42 games last term. Nevertheless, the Blues certainly have a threat of their own up top in Akwasi Asante. He bagged another on Monday, and is averaging almost a goal a half in terms of minutes played this season.
Nothing could split the sides head-to-head last season, and this one may have all the makings of a classic. You daren’t miss it!
OUR LAST MATCH
THE LAST FIVE
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 4 Drawn: 0 Lost: 1
vs Gloucester City (h) | Won 4-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey, George Waring, Brad Jackson, Akwasi Asante (pen)
vs Kidderminster (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Matty Hughes
vs Hereford (h) | Won 4-1 | Scorers: Akwasi Asante (2), Anthony Dudley, Danny Elliott
vs Spennymoor Town (a) | Lost 2-1 | Scorer: Akwasi Asante
vs Curzon Ashton (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Matty Hughes, Akwasi Asante, Kevin Roberts
Guiseley | Position: 4th Won: 2 Drawn: 2 Lost: 1
vs Boston United (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Aaron Martin
vs Alfreton Town (h) | Lost 2-4 | Scorers: Aaron Martin, Jamie Spencer
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Won 4-1 | Scorers: Lee Shaw, Aaron Martin (2), Robbie Dale (OG)
vs Curzon Ashton (h) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Kaine Felix
vs York City (h) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
BEST OF BRITISH
Tomorrow is the CFC Fan Engagement Working Groups #BestOfBritish themed matchday! With no Premier League footy due to internationals – we would love anyone without a game to watch to come and back the lads – who are unbeaten at home this season!
Wear your international tops or your Chester gear and come and back the lads.
We will be screening the England vs Bulgaria match in the Blues Bar after tomorrow’s game. Grab a drink and watch the Three Lions!
There will also be a half time penalty shootout, face painting in the car park courtesy of the Community Trust and much more!
Academy Head Coach Calum McIntyre has picked the #BestOfBritish playlist for tomorrow’s match!
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with Brad Jackson
- Either/Or with Scott Burton
- A look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 2pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the Deva Stadium. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and although the scheme is not expected to be fully utilised until September, the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…