Now six unbeaten, a massive game beckons tomorrow at the Deva as Hereford come to town.
Chester put in a rock solid, assured and clinical display just yesterday. A solid 1-0 win away at Kidderminster Harriers was the Blues first at Aggborough since 2005; as Anthony Johnson and Bernard Morley’s side nullified their opponents brilliantly.
They are now six unbeaten with three wins and three draws. Just four goals have been concededm with three own goals and a penalty underlining a rock solid start to the campaign.
Matty Hughes bagged the winner in the sunshine, and will be raring to go again tomorrow in the same fixture that he scored in last season and then unfortunately picked up his season-ending injury ten months ago.
A fantastic following travelled to Kidderminster and were in fine voice. They were sent home happy too! Monday’s massive clash is another opportunity for the supporters to be loud and proud and back the lads at the Deva.
Nevertheless, that excellent start is going to be put right to the test by a strong Hereford side. The Bulls sit just one place below the Blues, in 4th and have lost just once this term. A big away following is expected – so the atmosphere could make this match quite the spectacle.
LAST TIME AT HOME
THE LAST FIVE
Chester FC | Position: 3rd Won: 3 Drawn: 2 Lost: 0
vs Altrincham (h) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Gary Roberts
vs Farsley Celtic (h) | Won 2-1 | Scorers: Brad Jackson, George Waring
vs Kettering (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Akwasi Asante (pen)
vs Gloucester City (h) | Won 4-0 | Scorers: Danny Livesey, George Waring, Brad Jackson, Akwasi Asante (pen)
vs Kidderminster (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Matty Hughes
Hereford | Position: 4th Won: 3 Drawn: 1 Lost: 1
vs Gloucester (a) | Won 2-0 | Scorers: Keiran Thomas, Tom Owen-Evans
vs Kings Lynn (a) | Lost 3-1 | Scorer: Mike Symons
vs AFC Telford (h) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Rowan Liburd
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Won 1-0 | Scorer: Mike Symons
vs Brackley Town (h) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Rowan Liburd
Blues left-back Joel Taylor has picked the music for tomorrow’s game, stay tuned to our Twitter page tomorrow morning for his selections!!
COME AND VISIT THE COMMUNITY TRUST GAZEBO TOMORROW!
Exciting @ChesterFC game tomorrow! Come and see us at the gazebo where you can renew your @CityFansUnited membership or sign up for the 1st time. Free sweets for all who renew/join. You can also bring some ID & pick up your CFU card if you’ve recently renewed. CU there. #coyb pic.twitter.com/nP9VrXaTGk
— CFC Fan Engagement (@CFCFEWG) August 25, 2019
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with George Waring
- Either/Or with Matty Hughes
- A look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 2pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
PLEASE DONATE TO OUR BUCKET COLLECTION FOR THE JE3 FOUNDATION
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the Deva Stadium. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and although the scheme is not expected to be fully utilised until September, the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…