Skip to main content


17:00 20th February 2016

Kidderminster 2 Chester 2

Chester conjured up a superb second half fightback to earn a point at Aggborough.

First half strikes from Arthur Gnahoua and Harry White from the spot earned the Harriers a two goal lead; before second half goals from Ross Hannah – a penalty of his own – and super sub James Alabi ensured it finished all square.

The home side started the game the brighter of the teams; with Ben Whitfield firing against the side netting in the opening five minutes.

At the other end, John Rooney’s dangerous cross flew over everyone and dipped just wide following a short corner routine.

It was a dull start to the game in Worcestershire, but it was lit up when the hosts took the lead on 22 minutes.

A superb run forward by Whitfield allowed him to tee up Arthur Gnahoua to smash home across Thompson into the bottom corner.

Moments later, Kidderminster had a penalty to double the lead following a handball decision being given against Ryan Lloyd.

Harry White sent Thompson the wrong way from the spot – it was turning into a forgetful afternoon for Chester.

Ben Heneghan was the first to look to half the deficit on the half hour mark, his rasping drive from thirty yards was clawed away by Snedker.

Sam Hughes then won a free kick in a good position, but the Harriers keeper caught Rooney’s effort – reading it well.

Harry White had the first chance of the second half – blasting a volley over the bar after being set up by a long ball over the top.

Chester were struggling – and Kidderminster almost made it three from range when Whitfield played a superb one-two before pulling the trigger – but Thompson made a good stop.

One of the half time subs, James Alabi definitely made an impact going forward, he hit the side netting when played through – holding off strong challenges from the Kiddy defence.

Then the visiting Blues had a chance to claw back into the game – when Langmead tugged back Hannah inside the area.

Ross stepped up and slotted home the penalty – his 16th league goal of the season.

Hannah was in the groove and looking to level the scores – blasting the ball over the bar from long distance.

Ryan Astles then almost made it back-to-back goals, connecting with a Ryan Higgins cross, but his header flashed just wide of the post.

James Alabi then levelled the scores with an incredible goal from range on 76 minutes.

The big forward connected with Lloyd’s ball forward, did brilliantly to hold off Langmead and swivelled – smashing the ball into the top corner leaving the keeper with no chance.

Hannah then had the chance to win the game with minutes to go, finding Chapell’s through ball, but his miscued shot trickled just wide of the post.

Kidderminster then almost won it themselves in added time through Tyrone Williams – but Tony Thompson made an incredible one handed stop.

Kidderminster: Snedker, Hodgkiss, Maxwell, Langmead, Williams, White (Garnett 86), Fane, Kinsella, Lowe, Whitfield, Gnahoua (Patrick 74).
Subs Not Used: Jones, Brown, Francis-Angol.
Chester: Thompson, Heneghan, Sharps, Astles, O'Brien (Richards 85), Lloyd, Rooney (Alabi 46), Hughes, Mahon (Higgins 46), Chapell, Hannah.
Subs Not Used: Worsnop, Hunt.
Scorers: Gnahoua 22, White (pen) 26; Hannah (pen) 66, Alabi 76.
Attendance: 2,067 (432 away).
Referee: Rob Whitton.


    Did you know that Chester FC celebrate 130 years of history in 2015?