Skip to main content


16:57 5th October 2013

Chester 0 Kidderminster Harriers 0

Chester ensured it was only one goal conceded in their last four home games after earning a point in an entertaining nil-nil against Kidderminster. Alex Titchiner came closest for scoring the Blues as he smashed a shot against the bar, while Nathan Blissett had the ball in the net for the visitors before it was ruled out for offside.

Jamie Reed was recalled to the starting lineup as Chester loaded the bench with attacking options for a tough game against high flying Kidderminster.

The Blues started brightly with Paul Linwood heading over early and Lewis Turner seeing his effort saved by Nathan Vaughan.

At the other end Marvin Johnson was played in but Danby was on hand to push his effort away.

Kidderminster started to attack with more purpose but were still finding it difficult to braekdown a stubborn Chester defence, with chances at a premium.

Once gain Chester were struggling from set pieces and Kyle Storer found space in a busy penalty area to get his header off but he couldn't get it on target.

Chester won a free kick 30 yards out and Jamie Reed took it, but his effort was straight at the keeper.

Lee Pugh's long throw nearly got the opening goal of the game as the Kidderminster defence missed the chance to clear but Jamie reed could only direct it wide.

On the stroke of half time Chester nearly broke the deadlock thanks to some hard work by Alex Titchiner, first of all he kept the ball in before Craig Lindfield won the ball back and found Titchiner again and his low shot was parried away by Nathan Vaughan in the Kidderminster goal but the defence were able to clear.

Chester won another free kick early in the second half and Craig Lindfield took again but Jamie Reed just couldn't get a flick on to take it past Nathan Vaughan.

The Blues had the best chance of the game so far in the 58th minute as Kevin McIntyre played through Alex Titchiner who twisted and turned around the defender before hitting a fierce effort against the crossbar, the rebound ending up coming Lewis Turner on the edge of the area who's shot dipped infront of Nathan Vaughan but he was able to push it away.

Moments later another chance fell Titchiner's way but as he chose to take it on his right foot rather than his left he wasn't able get it on target.

Subsitute Joe Lolley went on a strong run before shooting with his left foot but it was too close to Danby in the Chester goal who gladly held onto it.

Kidderminster's best chance fell to Jack Byrne, moments after coming on. Danny Jackman found him unmarked at the back post but he was unable to get his header on target.

As the game went on Chester continued to press and it was Titchiner again who nearly turned in a Pugh long throw but couldn't turn his effort goalwards.

Despite enjoying the majority of the chances in the second half Chester nearly came undone as Lee Pugh and John Danby collided but the defence were able to get the ball away.

It was Kidderminster who went close to getting the three points though in the last minutes first Joe Lolley produced a stunning volley that John Danby did well to get down to and save then moments later the visitors had the ball in the net as Lee Vaughan's shot was parried by Danby before Nathan Blissett turned it in but was ruled offside.

Chester: Danby; Kay, Linwood, Higginbotham, Pugh (Heath 83); Lindfield, Harrison, L Turner, McIntyre; Reed (Mills 85), Titchiner
Subs: N Turner, McDonald, Atkinson

Kidderminster: N Vaughan, L Vaughan, Jackman, Gowling, Grimes, Fowler, Storer, Gittings, Malbon (Lolley 59), Morgan-Smith (Blissett 74), Johnson (Byrne 68)
Subs: Lewis, Dance

Bookings: Chester: Kay, Reed. Kidderminster: Gowling, L Vaughan, Blissett
Man of the match: Chester: Lewis Turner. Kidderminster: Lee Vaughan.
Attendance: 2,223
Referee: Mr Ross Joyce
Assistant Referee: Mr Martin Parker, Mr Iain Turner
4th Official:  Mr Kelvin Sarsfield

Match Report by Chris Graham


    Did you know that Chester FC celebrate 130 years of history in 2015?