It’s the game of the weekend in the National League North at the Deva Stadium tomorrow afternoon – as 2nd place Chester FC host league leaders York City.
2nd vs 1st, best attack vs best defence in the League, two massive clubs – this has all the makings of yet another absolute classic.
Chester will be craving a first win in the National League North in over a month, with the opportunity to leapfrog York and going top the motivation; albeit having played a game more.
Steve Watson’s side are the only team in the country yet to lose in all competitions this season, and have conceded just seven goals in 13 NLN matches. They advanced in the FA Cup last weekend, beating Stockport County 2-0.
The Blues were boosted in midweek with a convincing 7-0 win at Runcorn Town in the Cheshire Senior Cup. Danny Elliott scored four of those goals, after his strike last weekend at Blyth. Akwasi Asante missed the draw at Croft Park – but could return. Midfielders Gary Stopforth and Scott Burton got vital minutes in midweek after recovering from injuries.
Both sides played out two draws last term – and the 22 players that enter the field come 3pm tomorrow afternoon will know it is all to play for.
LAST TIME WE MET
THE LAST FIVE (NATIONAL LEAGUE NORTH)
Chester FC | Position: 2nd Won: 2 Drawn: 3 Lost: 0
vs Guiseley (h) | Won 3-1 | Scorers: Akwasi Asante (2, 1 pen), Anthony Dudley
vs AFC Telford (a) | Won 3-1 | Scorer: Akwasi Asante (3)
vs Leamington (h) | Draw 3-3 | Scorers: James Jones, George Glendon, Matty Waters
vs King’s Lynn Town (a) | Draw 2-2 | Scorers: Simon Grand, Akwasi Asante
vs Blyth Spartans (a) | Draw 2-2 | Scorers: Danny Elliott, Matty Hughes
York City | Position: 1st Won: 2 Drawn: 3 Lost: 0
vs Guiseley (a) | Draw 0-0 | Scorers: None
vs Southport (h) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Alex Kempster
vs Darlington (a) | Won 2-0 | Scorers: Alex Kempster, Paddy McLaughlin
vs King’s Lynn Town (h) | Won 3-0 | Scorers: Andy Bond, David Ferguson, Joe Tait
vs AFC Telford (a) | Draw 1-1 | Scorer: Jordan Burrow
Chester Football Club are delighted to announce the return of the Cestrian 10 Season Ticket!
The 10-game season ticket will be available for purchase immediately after the York City match on Saturday from the Chester FC Ticket Office.
Prices start from just £20 and will allow fans to choose 10 matches between the 9th November and the 25th April, at a discounted rate.
You can purchase your Cestrian 10 season ticket in person at the Deva Stadium from 5pm on Saturday 26th October, then during normal office hours the following week.
Cestrian 10 season tickets can also be purchased over the phone during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm).
Tomorrow’s Blues Playlist is a bit different!
An auction for the opportunity to select the music was won by a group of friends, who have dedicated Saturday’s music to their good friend and birthday boy, Edward ‘Robbie’ Ellis, who is a massive Chester FC supporter. Here’s what they picked!
The kiosks inside the Deva Stadium WILL NOT be serving alcohol this weekend. Feel free to grab a pre/post match pint in the Blues Bar though – all fans are welcome!
Our 56-page Cestrian matchday programme is available for tomorrow’s game – and costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match.
- Interview with George Glendon
- Look out for some new player and historical features
- A closer look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 2pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
Kick off tomorrow is 3pm at the Deva Stadium. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures.
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email email@example.com.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…