The Blues are looking to build on an opening day point – as the Deva opens its doors for the first home league game of the new campaign.
A 1-1 draw at a difficult venue in York Street saw the Blues come away pleased to get off the mark in the season opener. Boston had took the lead against the run of play thanks to a fortunate own goal, but George Waring’s bullet header ensured the spoils were shared. It was a solid performance, chances were created in the first half and Chester’s defence held firm in the second.
Altrincham began the season with a home loss against title favourites York City on Saturday. They had the lead thanks to James Jones’ header before an own goal prior to half time, accompanied by Joe Tait and Jordan Burrow goals, saw Steve Watson’s men get back to winning ways.
Tonight’s visitors did the double over the Blues last season as they made the National League North Play-Offs. It was a cracker between the two teams nine months ago at the Deva, we could be in for more of the same tonight.
LAST TIME WE MET AT THE DEVA
SEASON TICKET COLLECTION
If you haven’t already, Blues fans need to collect their Season Ticket prior to tonight’s kick off!
From the Ticket Office 9.30am to 6.00pm.
From the Blues Bar 6.00pm to 7.30pm.
Please try and collect your season ticket as early as possible, to make life easier for our volunteers and also to make sure queues don’t develop close to kick off – we don’t want anyone to miss the start of the match!
A bumper 60-page programme is available for tonight’s game – and still costs just £2.50! Make sure you get yours from our programme sellers or from the club shop before the match. Featuring…
- Interview with Jamie Morgan
- Either/Or with Anthony Dudley
- A look at our Academy and Women’s teams
- The History of Football Programmes – courtesy of Solopress
- The Big Question – our panel look at VAR!
…and much, much more!
Can’t make the game? Buy our programme through the MatchDayInfo App for a reduced cost of just £1.99! It will be available from 7pm.
How do I Download a Match Day Programme?
PURCHASE, DOWNLOAD, READ & ARCHIVE…
1) Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ either on the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store, the App is free to download.
2) Once you have downloaded the MatchDayInfo App, you’ll need to register through Facebook, Twitter or Email (MatchDayInfo does not post on your social media platforms)
3) After registering you’ll appear on the Home screen. In order to find and follow your team, click on the ‘Explore’ button on the right side of your screen.
4) Then select ’Team Index’, here you will find the clubs profile where you’ll be able to follow and see any team information.
5) After following your team, the Match Day Programmes will display either on the ‘Events’ or ‘Archive’ section, depending on if there’s an upcoming game or not.
6) Once you find the Programme you wish to purchase, simply tap the ‘Buy Now’ button and follow the In-App instructions. All In-App purchases will go through your Apple / Google account, depending on what service you are using.
7) After downloading your Programme, it’ll appear on the screen. Once closing you’ll be able to re-open your Programme from your ‘Downloads’ section.
The Chester FC Club Shop will be fully stocked with some fantastic brand new leisurewear items – courtesy of Outlanda Apparel.
We are hoping to have the shop open between 6pm and 6.30pm tonight, but ask for patience as the new stock is set up – these times could easily be moved later if required. The Club Shop will also be open after the match for 30 minutes from the full time whistle!
Kick off tonight is 7.45pm at the Deva Stadium. The postcode for the ground is CH1 4LT. PAY ON THE GATE PRICES HERE
FREE SEASON TICKET FOR SCHOOLS SCHEME
Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust have teamed up to provide more than 50 local schools with a free family season ticket for the 2019/20 campaign.
The family season ticket will admit two adults and two children for free to each of the club’s home Vanarama National League North fixtures, beginning with the visit of Altrincham on Tuesday 6th August (7.45pm KO).
Schools can use the season ticket to reward or incentivise children through the year and although the scheme is not expected to be fully utilised until September, the Community Trust hopes the following points are helpful for visiting families:
1) The season ticket will admit two adults and two children to home league matches during the 2019/20 season. It may be used to admit one adult and three children if required.
2) The season ticket should be presented to the turnstile operator at trunstile six in the Swettenham Chemists’ Community Stand (West Stand) on the day of the match. Turnstiles normally open 45 minutes before kick-off.
3) Seating is unreserved so you may sit in any seat you choose, except those marked as ‘Season Ticket Holders’.
4) There are refreshment kiosks selling hot and cold drinks and snacks within each stand along with toilet facilities. The Blues Bar at the stadium is also open before and after every game for refreshments and the Club Shop sells a range of clothing and merchandise.
5) An information point is available on matchdays in the ticket office should visitors have any questions or be unsure of where to go.
Both Chester FC and Chester FC Community Trust look forward to welcoming you to the Deva Stadium and we hope you enjoy watching the Blues this season. If you have any questions about the scheme or your visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chester FC Media Team are dedicated to covering every single Blues match home and away. If you cannot make the game, all your links to matchday coverage are below…