Chester Football Club are looking for an ambitious, creative and media professional to join our team ahead of the 2018/2019 season.
This key role will help raise the profile and recognition of the Club locally and nationally as we continue to build ahead of our National league North campaign.
Reporting to the Operational Board and working with the wider volunteer media team, you will take a lead on the Clubs media and public relations work with CFU members, Supporters, Commercial partners and wider community on a wide variety of topics.
You will be responsible for all Club media platforms both on a match day and non match days developing opportunities to raise the profile and promote the Club to a wider audience.
You will need to be highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible approach to work.
This is a 30 hours per week post initially for a 6 Month period .
We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups and applications should be submitted by submission of CV to Andrew.Morris@chesterfc.com no later than Noon on Thursday 28th June.
Job Title: Media and Public Relations Officer
Location: Chester Football Club, Bumpers Lane, Chester
Hours: 30 hours per Week
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Operations Board you will lead on implementing all aspects of the Clubs media including and not limited to Social Media platforms, Official Website and liaising with our media partners on Match day’s and non-match days to ensure the delivery of effective campaigns on behalf of our club, supporters and partners.
You will develop, enhance and maximise our owned media channels ensuring campaigns are captivating and effective. You will ensure trending topics and new initiatives are monitored and managed positively and efficiently and develop a system to report this to the operational board.
As part of the role you will also be responsible for enhancing and maximising the membership numbers and developing the offer available to City Fans United members through effective engagement and associated activities.
Directors with relevant portfolio of responsibility
The post-holder will be expected to:
• Produce and publish club / CFU related media articles across all social media platforms
• Ensure that the Official Club website is kept up to date
• Actively monitor all club and CFU related social media accounts (including and not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) responding / escalating queries where relevant
• Support the production of content of the Clubs matchday programme
• Receive and appropriately respond to all media enquires
• Work with key sponsors and stakeholders to fulfil any commercial obligations
• Co-ordinate match day media team on match days including the live matchday media platforms,
• Maximise the use and content within Chester FC TV
• Responsible to the creation and distribution of regular newsletter to CFU members ·
• Regular communication with existing sponsors to aid their requirements
• Produce and update commercial dashboards to ensure we are hitting targets for all sponsors
• Working alongside the working groups support increased and improved exposure of the club’s activities
• Expand and improve the quality of the media team both on Match and Non Matchday
• Working with the commercial working group explore the feasibility and maximisation of digital sponsorship across all digitals platforms
1. To uphold the Club Ethos of ‘To be a financially sustainable supporter owned, community focused football club playing at the highest level possible in the English pyramid’
2. Compliance with all club policies and procedures.
3. Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
4. To promote a positive image of Chester Football Club and City Fans United.
5. Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, which may be required from time to time including evening and weekend work.